CSA Ocean Sciences Inc. (CSA) is a marine science and technical services consulting firm that provides a broad range of environmental, coastal, and oceanographic services worldwide. CSA seeks a highly experienced person with exceptional word processing, and document production skills to join our fast-paced Team. This position is located at the Stuart, FL office.
Position Summary: The successful applicant must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software, especially Microsoft Word/Excel in addition to Adobe Acrobat. The applicant should have a superior ability to utilize diverse software and word processing and peripheral equipment to edit, store, revise, convert, and print reports, manuscripts, journal/publications, spreadsheets, forms, correspondence, and other materials.
Assignments will include formatting and generating complex, technically oriented documents using specified templates, styles, graphics, tables, formulas, equations, and/or databases. Applicants must be highly reliable, detail-oriented, able to prioritize among multiple tasks, and work under extremely short deadlines. The position requires good problem-solving skills and the ability to successfully interact with multiple staff members that support multiple projects. Some clerical tasks are also required for the position. Applicants must have the flexibility to work non-core hours as needed to meet deadlines.
Accountabilities, Responsibilities, and Essential Functions:
- Support all document production efforts. Support the development of documents and graphical and tabular content conforming to the application of corporate styles.
- Be familiar with the proposal development and submission process and assist staff members as needed.
- Support the development and collection of boilerplate materials, perform first-pass and final document formatting, content review, document printing, final assembly, and delivery of proposals in accordance with corporate protocols.
- Support internal (both domestic and international) clients in researching proposal requirements.
- Support the creation and maintenance of corporate marketing materials (flyers, qualifications statements, etc.).
- Support conference preparation, including the development and/or purchase of materials and shipping/receiving of conference material.
- Work collaboratively with an established team with minimal oversight.
- Multi-task and coordinate with the Document Production Director to prioritize work during critical deadline-driven conditions.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Exceptional working knowledge of Microsoft Office software required; familiarity with InDesign preferred.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as Marketing, Professional Writing, Journalism, English, or an associated field is preferred.
- Demonstrated editing experience preferred; all persons interviewed will be expected to take a short editing test.
- Proficient in internet searches and online research.
- Applicant should have a demonstrated ability to work closely with writers and marketing staff as a dependable team player.
- Demonstrated experience in working with science documents.
- Applicant must be able to multi-task and work under short deadlines, including working extra and flexible hours as occasionally required.
Job Type: Full-time
Applicants must possess current, long-term authorization to work in the United States;
CSA is unable to initiate visa sponsorship. Letters of Recommendation will be required.
An MSWORD skill assessment will be administered.