CSA Ocean Sciences Inc. (CSA) is expanding its offshore marine division and is looking for a junior level person for its growing geophysical and marine services market sector.
We are looking for self-motivated, team-oriented technical staff with strong communication skills and a background in marine survey and/or geosciences. Our ideal candidate will have some experience operating marine survey equipment, including RTKGPS, Multibeam and Single beam, and Side Scan Sonar systems. As an offshore geophysical surveyor, you will be responsible for data collection and processing and must possess strong organizational skills, a positive attitude, professional, and calm demeanor.
Position Summary: The successful applicant will be involved in all aspects of CSA projects including (but not limited to) field surveys, data processing, equipment maintenance, small boat operations, project support, occasional client interaction. The successful applicant must be self-motivated and team-oriented with strong communication skills and a background in marine survey and/or geosciences. This position requires periodic domestic and international travel (50%).
As a Junior Geophysical Surveyor, opportunities to learn, grow your skill sets, gain hands-on experience with cutting edge technology, work alongside well-regarded industry veterans and take part in exciting, high profile projects abound. This is an excellent opportunity to grow with our organization as we embark on our next 50 years of Ocean Science.
CSA is an inclusive and team-oriented organization. We do business on a global stage while maintaining the benefits and feel of working for a small company. Many of our employees have been on board for over 20 + years.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Motivated, self-starter
- Works independently with minimal oversight
- Good team player and able to communicate with people of different backgrounds and cultures
- Capable of working unsupervised and on their own initiative on occasions
- Capable of making good judgment decisions
- Attention to detail and quality of work performed
- Timely completion of all work assignments
- Two or more years’ experience as a Surveyor or similar position in the Marine Survey industry
- Familiarity with hydrographic survey software such as Hypack or QPS, and the ability to quickly learn others is highly desirable
- Must be proficient with a variety of Marine Operation field concepts, practices, procedures and equipment operations
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft products (i.e. Word, Excel, etc)
- Must have valid driver’s license and suitable driving record that is able to meet company driver requirements also must be able to obtain TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Credential)
- Must have the ability and willingness to travel
- Requires a strong commitment to personal safety and the safety of others. Regular completion of safety training courses and medical assessments is a mandatory requirement
- Proof of COVID vaccination is a prerequisite for employment
- Two-year technical degree or higher in a STEM field of study
- Proficient in Hydrographic, CAD and/or GIS Software
- Experienced with Hydrographic Survey Systems
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: This position offers a competitive salary (commensurate with experience and qualifications) and benefits package.
Applicants must possess current, long-term authorization to work in the United States;
CSA is unable to initiate visa sponsorship
Letters of Recommendation will be required