CSA serves the environmental planning and surveying needs of offshore energy industry, including oil, gas, and wind in the U.S. and internationally. CSA is seeking a project scientist with experience in offshore energy or closely related industries ready to engage in a fast-paced, applied science support role in the private sector.
This person will augment the Offshore Energy group at CSA, and join our team in providing customized, competitive, and high-quality services to industry and government clients in a highly efficient manner while also adhering to the robust standards of a research scientist.
Position Summary: CSA seeks a Project Scientist to participate in projects, proposals, report writing, and report reviews. Field work and/or training on specialized equipment is possible depending on applicant qualifications and skills. Experience in oil spill response planning is preferred.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Supporting projects as a scientist and/or assistant project manager on multiple projects;
- Demonstrating project progress to internal teams and external clients;
- Demonstrating the application of quality assurance and quality control procedures for data and deliverables;
- Developing and reviewing presentations, reports, and other deliverables;
- Supporting positive internal team and client interactions;
- Assisting with proposal efforts;
- Ability to travel and provide on-site or on-vessel support for field-based campaigns;
- Adhering to company standards and procedures for quality management;
- Being accountable and responsible for personal safety and safety of others;
- Attending safety meetings and satisfactorily completing all assigned training as applicable;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- B.S. or M.S. degree in science;
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a close-knit team;
- Field sampling experience;
- Strong working knowledge of computers and standard Microsoft software packages including word processing skills;
- Proof of COVID vaccination is a prerequisite for employment
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with oil spill response planning;
- Safety and environmental hazard training;
- Understanding of data integration using Geographic Information Systems (GIS);
- Foreign language skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary:Commensurate with experience, including incentive package
Applicants must possess current, long-term authorization to work in the United States;
CSA is unable to initiate visa sponsorship
Letters of Recommendation will be required