CSA Ocean Sciences Inc. (CSA) is a marine science and technical services consulting firm that provides a broad range of environmental, coastal, and oceanographic services in the U.S. and internationally. We are seeking an experienced professional to support the Programs group as an Assistant Project Manager (APM). Applicants should be ready to engage in a fast-paced, applied science company in the private sector. The successful applicant will be expected to serve as an assistant to Project Managers (typically Senior or Project Scientists) in execution of diverse projects occurring around the world that are providing customized, competitive, and high-quality services to industry, government and various private sector clients. Applicants should have completed an Associates Degree in business or the sciences plus two years’ experience in a related position. This position will be located at the Stuart, FL office; little or no travel is currently expected in this position.
The successful applicant will be involved in supporting a wide range of CSA projects including (but not limited to) desktop and field projects occurring both domestically and internationally. The candidate will help serve as a bridge between accounting, operations, science, document production, GIS and HSSE departments as well as the various CSA market sectors and services. An understanding of business accounting, billing and field logistics is recommended. Exposure to marine science would be extremely useful. The successful applicant must have strong organizational and teamwork skills and be skilled in use of office software and hardware systems.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions: These include, but are not limited to:
- Providing support to Project Managers on status of projects including deliverables and all aspects of accounting;
- Utilizing the corporate Enterprise Resource Planning tools to maintain and update project status;
- Support timely and accurate invoicing and payments;
- Assist in maintaining equipment use records, status, inventory and insurance using corporate planning tools;
- Assist in purchasing, leasing and shipping and receiving of equipment;
- Assist in maintaining actual equipment, including all aspects of equipment calibration/maintenance compliance, monitoring and documentation;
- Assisting with proposal efforts;
- Contributing to the maintenance of positive client interactions;
- Adhering to company standards and procedures for science, quality and health, safety, security and the environment;
- Being accountable and responsible for personal safety and safety of others;
- Attending safety meetings and satisfactorily completing all assigned training as applicable; and,
- Accepting other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Associates Degree in business or the sciences plus two years’ experience in a related position. Four additional years of experience may substitute for an Associates Degree;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a close-knit team completing objectives on time, within budget, while meeting high quality standards; and,
- Strong working knowledge of computers and standard Microsoft software packages including word processing skills.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Advanced skill and demonstrated experience using Microsoft Excel, database applications and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems including experience generating reports, inquiries, forms and widgets in ERP systems;
- Experience insuring and shipping large expensive items internationally;
- PMP certification;
- Experience with and understanding of business legal contracts; and
- Experience applying for and administering State and/or Federal government funding contracts.
Applicants must possess current, long-term authorization to work in the United States;
CSA is unable to initiate visa sponsorship