CSA Morgan & Eklund, Inc. - South Florida
CSA Morgan & Eklund, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Certified Hydrographer or Professional Land Surveyor to lead business development in Southeast Florida. CSA Morgan & Eklund, Inc. specializes in the acquisition of bathymetric, topographic, and geophysical data. Work locations include coastal shorelines, ports and harbors and offshore sites in support of projects for our public and private clients. We conduct surveying (topographic/hydrographic) as well as other field investigations for beach nourishment, restoration projects, and engineering evaluations including detailed underwater infrastructure assessments for submarine cables and pipelines, dredging, habitat investigations, and oceanographic studies.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage field teams and lead projects.
- Manage and assist with topographic, hydrographic and geophysical surveys including planning, field data collection, interpretation and reporting.
- Experience using standard survey and charting software to produce maps, charts and alignment sheets.
- Understanding geodetic surveying and tidal datums and procedures to establish horizontal/vertical survey control.
- Develop and follow plans, specifications, SOPs, and procedures, and promote safe work practices.
- Participate in our business development efforts.
- Be self-motivated, hardworking, ethical, trustworthy and dependable.
- Have strong analytical and communication skills and strong desire to learn to do new things.
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Education, Experience and Qualification
- A Bachelor’s or Associate degree and Certification or License in Land or Hydrographic Surveying with 5 - 7 years of professional experience.
- The ideal candidate will have more than 4 - 5 years of field experience as a Surveyor or Hydrographic Surveyor
- Demonstrated competence in Microsoft Office, Windows OS, and experience with terrestrial, hydrographic and/or geophysical survey and charting software packages is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
Applicants must possess current, long-term authorization to work in the United States;
CSA is unable to initiate visa sponsorship
Letters of Recommendation will be required