CSA Ocean Sciences Inc. (CSAOS) is a worldwide leader in marine environmental science consulting, with an emphasis on the energy industry, coastal permitting/monitoring, and habitat restoration. As a federal contractor, CSAOS seeks a Diving Safety Officer (DSO) to be based in the Stuart, FL office.
The CSAOS Dive Safety Officer (DSO) position enacts and oversees all corporate and project related dive safety, planning, and implementation policies. The position enables CSAOS to reinforce the importance that CSAOS safety culture places on employee safety and industry safe practices to maintain a safe, hazard/incident free workplace and to ensure compliance with the company's policies/procedures. The position requires domestic and international travel.
Location and Salary:
Full time position based in CSAOS’s corporate headquarters in Stuart, FL; applicants must possess current and long-term authorization to work in the United States. Position requires domestic and international travel and active participation in diving activities in support of a wide array of projects. Salary for this position is negotiable based on qualifications.
- Implementation of current CSAOS’ AAUS-certified dive safety (SCUBA) protocols across all CSA offices and activities.
- Manage, arrange, document and conduct in-house corporate diver safety training as new procedures evolve.
- Generate and implement project specific dive control safety planning.
- Organize and preside over CSAOS dive board to insure corporate program satisfies all AAUS protocols.
- Insure corporate dive staff stay current with all dive board required certifications, training, and equipment maintenance.
- Evaluate and train, as required, newly hired dive staff to satisfy all company dive regulations and corporate standards.
- Manage and maintain all company owned dive and dive support equipment.
- Work with project managers to insure all project related dive safety issues are forecast and addressed.
- Travel required to CSAOS offices and field sites in the United States and abroad.
- Must comply with company’s Drug and Alcohol Policy (including pre-employment, annual, random, and for-cause drug and alcohol screening).
- Manage dive program records and documentation
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current SCUBA instructor from an internationally recognized certification agency.
- Dive Safety Officer (DSO) certified through AAUS.
- 5+ year’s experience working in the diving industry.
- Working knowledge of computers, navigation hardware, and software.
- Solid background in small and large vessel survey operations.
- Possess cross-cultural skills necessary to operate successfully with international locations.
- Display high level of professional leadership and personal conduct, energy and enthusiasm, requiring limited oversight
- Risk management and risk assessment skills.
- Post-secondary certification/degree or equivalent experience.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Desirable: TWIC, valid United States Passport, HAZWOPER 40-hr, BOSIET, OSHA-500.
CSA Ocean Sciences Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran or disabled status, or any other characteristic protected by law.