Collection, management, and visualization of environmental data is crucial for sharing information about a project, region, or incident. Leveraging Geographic Information System (GIS) software, tools, and techniques, CSA’s Environmental Data and Geospatial Services (EDGS) team provides comprehensive solutions for data collection, analysis, management, integration, access, and visualization to enhance the accessibility and meaning of data.
Position Summary: CSA seeks an Environmental GIS Specialist to join our EDGS team and support corporate GIS needs including proposal development, project design, field operations, analysis, and reporting.
Locations: Stuart, Florida or East Greenwich, Rhode Island (in office; not remote)
Accountabilities, Responsibilities, and Essential Functions:
- Collecting, analyzing, and managing data, geospatial data, and metadata from private and public databases, particularly data of an environmental nature
- Gathering GIS and data requirements from internal and external customers
- Conducting research, advanced geospatial analysis, data management and generating high-quality mapping products
- Developing symbology and maps appropriate to the assignment and the nature of the data
- Demonstrating project progress to senior management, internal teams, and external clients
- Developing and implementing data and product quality assurance and quality control procedures
- Developing and publishing content to web-based maps
- Identifying innovative solutions to map and analyze environmental data
- Assisting with the development of applications and tools
- Ability to travel and provide on-site or on-vessel support for field-based campaigns
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced experience using ESRI ArcGIS and ArcGIS extensions
- Knowledge and experience with ArcGIS Online or other web- or device-based mapping experience (e.g., Field Maps, Collector, Survey123)
Job Type: Full-time
Applicants must possess current, long-term authorization to work in the United States;
CSA is unable to initiate visa sponsorship. Letters of Recommendation will be required.