CSA Ocean Sciences Inc. (CSA) is expanding its offshore marine division and is looking for a senior level person for its growing geophysical and marine services market sector.
We are looking for self-motivated, team-oriented technical staff with strong communication skills and a background in marine survey and/or geosciences. Our ideal candidate will have proven experience as a Senior Offshore Party Chief and Customer Interaction. Must possess strong organizational skills, a positive attitude, professional, and calm demeanor.
Position Summary: The successful applicant will be involved in all aspects of CSA projects including (but not limited to) field surveys, equipment maintenance, small boat operations, project support, occasional client interaction, contributing to report and proposal writing, and report reviews. The successful applicant must be self-motivated and team-oriented with strong communication skills and a background in marine survey and/or geosciences. Our ideal candidate will have proven experience as a Senior Offshore Party Chief and Customer Interaction. This position requires periodic domestic and international travel.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Motivated, self-starter.
- Works independently with minimal oversight
- Good team player and able to communicate with people of different backgrounds and cultures
- Capable of working unsupervised and on their own initiative on occasions
- Capable of making good judgment decisions
- Attention to detail and quality of work performed
- Timely completion of all work assignments
- Five or more years’ experience as a Senior Surveyor or similar position in the Marine Survey industry
- Able to lead business development initiatives, complete technical proposals, and estimate project costs
- Must be proficient with a variety of Marine Operation field concepts, practices, procedures and equipment operations
- Knowledgeable in the installation, calibration, operation, post processing, analysis, and QA/QC of geophysical systems (i.e. MBES, SSS, SBP, Mag, GPS, MRU, USBL)
- Preparation of survey reports and other technical documents
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft products (i.e. Word, Excel, etc)
- Must have valid driver’s license and suitable driving record that is able to meet company driver requirements also must be able to obtain TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Credential)
- Must have the ability and willingness to travel
- Requires a strong commitment to personal safety and the safety of others. Regular completion of safety training courses and medical assessments is a mandatory requirement
- University degree or equivalent
- Two year technical degree or higher in a STEM field of study
- ACSM Hydrographer, Category A Hydrographer or PLS certification a plus
- AS/BS in Geomatics, Cartography, Geography, Geosciences, Engineering, or other relevant discipline
- Proficient in CAD and/or GIS Software
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience, including incentive package
Applicants must possess current, long-term authorization to work in the United States;
CSA is unable to initiate visa sponsorship
Letters of Recommendation will be required