CSA Ocean Sciences Inc. (CSA) is a marine science and technical services consulting firm that provides a broad range of environmental, coastal, and oceanographic services in the U.S. and internationally. We are seeking an entry-level scientist or technician ready to engage in a fast-paced, applied science role in our Stuart, Florida office.
This person will be expected to support customized, competitive, and high-quality services to industry, government, and private sector clients with efficiency and effectiveness. CSA expects adherence to our rigorous internal standards for science, operations, health and safety, quality, and professionalism. Applicants should have completed an undergraduate or graduate degree program in either marine sciences (e.g., marine biology, marine ecology, biological oceanography, environmental chemistry) or related field.
The successful applicant will be involved in all aspects of CSA projects including (but not limited to) field surveys, equipment maintenance, small boat operations, project support, occasional client interaction, contributing to report and proposal writing, and report reviews. An understanding of field sampling in the marine environment is recommended. The successful applicant must have strong organizational and teamwork skills, as well as the ability to take on task ownership and responsibility for task progress. This position requires periodic domestic and international travel, sometimes at short notice, during all times of the year, during both daytime and nighttime shifts if at sea, and potentially for prolonged periods (several weeks).
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Supporting the quality, validity, and accuracy of a project’s science component;
- Participation in offshore sampling surveys, potentially in international locations;
- Assisting with proposal efforts;
- Contributing to the maintenance of positive client interactions;
- Adhering to company standards and procedures;
- Satisfactory completion of assigned training and safety meetings as applicable.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in marine science, biology, ecology, or a related field;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a close-knit team;
- Ability, availability, and responsiveness to enable work on multiple projects;
- SCUBA open water certification.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience supporting the development of proposals;
- Experience with environmental sampling equipment, small boats, or offshore vessels;
- Experience with statistical methods and packages (e.g., R, SAS);
- Previous health, safety, and/or environmental hazard training;
- Understanding of data integration using Geographic Information Systems (GIS); and
- Spanish and/or French language skills.
Job Type: Full-time Salary: Commensurate with experience, including incentive package
Applicants must possess current, long-term authorization to work in the United States;
CSA is unable to initiate visa sponsorship
Letters of Recommendation will be required