CSA Ocean Sciences Inc. (CSA) maintains a fleet of vessels for scientific diving, surveying, water/sediment sampling, and environmental consulting. Recently, CSA joined the ranks of 30 current Organizational Members of the Scientific Boating Safety Association (SBSA), reinforcing its commitment to safety that is already ingrained in the CSA culture. While CSA maintains an excellent boating safety record, membership in the SBSA provides an additional set of safety guidelines, ensuring that CSA is always operating within industry best-practices. Furthermore, membership facilitates collaboration with other organizations engaged in scientific boating operations.
According to their website, members of the SBSA collaborate in order to:
- Develop, review, and revise standards for safe scientific boat operations, training of boat operators, and the safe operation of scientific boating programs;
- Collect, review, and distribute information relating to scientific boating activities and scientific boating incidents;
- Represent the scientific boating interests of the membership before other organizations and government agencies;
- Conduct symposia and workshops to educate the membership and others in safe scientific boating programs and practices; and
- Develop a spirit of cooperation among those who have dedicated themselves to scientific boating safety.
“CSA operational specialists, scientific divers, vessel operators, and scientists are some of the most experienced and devoted in the industry. Having additional guidelines set forth by the SBSA helps ensure that we are staying current with industry standards and developments. I am looking forward to collaborating with the other Organizational Members as we strive to continually improve our safety initiatives,” says Eirik Kydland, CSA Dive Safety Officer and Health, Safety, Security, and Environment Manager.
8502 SW Kansas Ave.
Stuart, FL 34997
- Join CSA Ocean Sciences at the Guyana Energy Conference and Supply Chain Expo 2024: Fuelling Transformation and Modernisation Feb 15, 2024
- Join CSA Ocean Sciences at the Trinidad and Tobago Energy Conference and Tradeshow 2024: Accelerating Action Jan 22, 2024
- Climate Change Fuels Need for Marine Mammal Observation Services and Technologies Jan 15, 2024