CSA owns and operates two state-of-the art multipurpose survey vessels, each outfitted with the latest marine survey systems, equipment, and instrumentation. Our world-class, high-specification vessels meet the highest of HSE requirements for fieldwork in coastal waters to the deep sea and are available for deployment with or without a crew of subject matter experts.
R/V Dolphin Multipurpose Vessel
- 10 ft x 10 ft articulating A-frame with dual J-Frames at 1,500 lb safe working load capacity
- 2 x Ocean Instruments HS-100 geophysical winches each with 500 m cable capacity and 6-pass slip rings
- 2 x 10,000 rated tugger winch
- Dual side pole mounts for ultrashort baseline, multibeam, or other sensors
- 3 m out rigger pole on port side
- Moving vessel profiler mount
- Sea chest with 0.4 m x 0.4 m dimensions for transducer, echosounder, or custom instrument integration
- Shock-mounted server rack supporting custom geophysical integrations
- 3 x IMU mounting plates at vessel common reference point (CRP)
- 11 x monitors in Salon with duplicated monitors to bridge; 3 x online workstations; 2 x offline workstations
- 2 x GNSS antenna amounts atop wheel house
- CC camera system for 360° view of vessel and work deck
The R/V Dolphin is a 15 m aluminum multipurpose research vessel specially configured to support geophysical survey operations. Building upon the capabilities of CSA’s existing nearshore fleet, the R/V Dolphin’s layout includes a large aft working deck, a raised wheelhouse with 360° viewing windows, and a spacious multi-use salon area below decks.
The R/V Dolphin gives CSA the capability to perform surveys in coastal and nearshore environments to the highest specifications with a fully integrated vessel. Designed and outfitted with the latest technology and equipment, the R/V Dolphin ensures safe and reliable operations in water depths ranging from hundreds of meters to shallow nearshore sites.
49 ft (14.9 m)
3.5 ft (1.1 m)
15 ft (4.6 m)
22 ft Max 18 ft Reduced
The CSA Surveyor is a custom-built aluminum catamaran is designed to conduct a wide range of geophysical and hydrographic surveys as well as environmental monitoring and light geotechnical work.
The CSA Surveyor has the ability to simultaneously run an assortment of survey equipment, including side-scan sonars, subbottom profilers, multibeams, magnetometers, and towed video sleds. With an onboard hydraulic winch capable of deploying over 1,000 m of coaxial cable, the Surveyor can support projects from coastal waters to beyond the continental shelf.
CSA Surveyor — Specifications
8.5 m (28 ft)
3 m (9.5 ft)
1 m (3.5 ft)
Twin 240 HP Diesel
Slip-Ring w/ 1,000 m+ of coax
CSA Surveyor — Specifications
- Length: 8.5 m (28 ft)
- Beam: 3 m (9.5 ft)
- Draft: 1 m (3.5 ft)
- Power: Twin 240 HP Diesel
- Cruise: 22 knots
- Generator: 5 Kw
- Fuel Capacity: 200 gal
- Winch: Slip-Ring w/ 1,000 m+ of coax
We understand that every project has its own unique set of challenges—ranging from specific weather conditions to tight scheduling windows. Our teams can mobilize quickly to even the most remote project locations worldwide.