A Guide for Offshore Oil and Gas Operators in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico to Comply with New Requirements Established by the NMFS Biological Opinion Issued March 2020.
On March 13, 2020, the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) published their Biological Opinion on the Federally Regulated Oil and Gas Program Activities in the Gulf of Mexico (BiOp), effective immediately.
- NEW permitting and operational conditions for oil and gas activities in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico (GOM) that supersede existing regulations.
- 720 PAGES that affects a wide range of oil and gas activities in the GOM; from permitting and surveying to day-to-day vessel operations.
Navigating the BiOp is a simple-to-use guide that cuts through the text and provides definitive actions for the relevant offshore activities, in clear and unambiguous steps to ensure compliance for:
- Vessel Operations
- Survey and Data Collection
- Drilling Activities
- Production Operations
- New and Unusual Technologies
- Oil Spills
- NMFS Step Down Review
Standard and Customized Signage for posting in facilities to provide visual reminders of key actions that must be taken under the various activities described in this Guide.
Mitigation requirement comparison for seismic surveys providing a clear and direct comparison of previous and existing conditions.
The Guide is available for purchase and download from June 5, 2020, at the following website https://tscstrategic.com/reports.
CSA Ocean Sciences Inc. - providing scientific leadership and guidance to both industry and governmental agencies in the Gulf of Mexico for 50 years.
For more information, please contact CSA Ocean Sciences.
+1 (772) 219-3000
8502 SW Kansas Ave.
Stuart, FL 34997
- Demand for Marine Geospatial Analytics and Modeling Services Continues to Grow as Ocean Exploration Expands May 23, 2023
- CSA’s Offshore Renewables Team to Attend the Pacific Offshore Wind Summit 2023 May 9, 2023
- Offshore Decommissioning in Focus: Setting Research Priorities for Decision-making Activities Relating to Oil and Gas Infrastructure Apr 14, 2023