CSA Unveils Risk Management Capabilities in Latest International Venture in Perth, Australia
CSA Ocean Sciences Inc. (CSA) continues to rise to challenges faced by the international oil and gas industry to identify, minimize, and mitigate environmental risk associated with offshore exploration and production activities. CSA announces its international venture in Perth, Australia, which will integrate the company’s international network of marine environmental consulting services with the risk management expertise of Ms. Sarah Watson the regional director and native Australian with extensive global experience in the oil and gas industry.
CSA’s Perth office offers the region its global expertise in marine science, operations, and data services, including:
- Marine Environmental Services for Spill Response – from planning, permitting, monitoring, and impact assessment, CSA assists the industry with preparing for and responding to oil spills;
- Environmental Data and Geospatial Services – leveraging technology, geographic information systems (GIS), and subject matter experts to provide comprehensive data collection and management solutions for a range of global projects and clients; in particular, EDGSonline, CSA’s web-based data mapping application;
- Marine sampling capabilities – providing oceanographic expertise and equipment for conducting specialist studies for habitat characterization and sensitivity, discharge fate and effects, and regulatory compliance.
“The industry is under increasing pressure to minimize risk and environmental impact while maximizing efficiency,” commented Ms. Watson. “Joining forces to offer CSA’s services and experience in Australia and the Asia Pacific region allows us to better support industry activities in the region and to meet a spectrum of environmental risk management requirements.”
CSA is participating in the Asia Pacific oil spill response conference, Spillcon, from May 2–6, 2016 in Perth, where Ms. Watson and Mr. Bruce Graham, a Senior Scientist with CSA, will exhibit CSA’s capabilities.
CSA brings 46 years of specialized experience in marine environmental consulting, serving the energy industry worldwide through offices in the United States, the Eastern Mediterranean, Qatar, Trinidad, Brazil, Singapore, and Australia. CSA’s expertise in coastal, marine, and deep ocean surveys, sampling, monitoring, assessment, and mitigation is built on the integration of science, operations, and an understanding of environmental data collection, management, and analysis within geospatial domains.
8502 SW Kansas Ave.
Stuart, FL 34997
Recent Press Releases
- SeaRobotics, CSA Ocean Sciences, and Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution Sign MoU to Commercialize Marine Mammal Detection and Classification System May 17, 2023
- CSA Ocean Sciences Expands Trinidad and Tobago Operations with New Hires Jan 12, 2023
- CSA Ocean Sciences Launches Slick Kit Oil Sampling System Nov 8, 2022