Stuart, FLA, USA. April 24, 2019 – CSA Ocean Sciences (CSA), today announced the publication of an updated global equipment catalog. CSA is recognized as a leading international provider of marine environmental and geophysical equipment, including sensors, sampling devices, and imaging systems designed for use in nearshore, offshore, and deep-water environments. To better serve offshore clients, CSA has developed and published an updated 40-page Global Equipment Catalog that describes our full range of company assets.
Using secure, web-based software to document equipment maintenance cycles, manage specifications, and track physical locations, CSA manages thousands of pieces of equipment and spares distributed from our headquarters in Stuart, Florida, to our international offices in Trinidad, Brazil, the Eastern Mediterranean, and the Middle East. Our extensive company assets are managed in these locations to support international marine science work.
CSA assets include:
- Navigation, Positioning, and Communications – Terrestrial and marine GPS equipment, USBL tracking, and motion tracking
- Remote Sensing and Marine Acoustics – Side-scan, sub-bottom, magnetic, single-beam, and multi‑beam systems for deployment using traditional vessels, ROVs, and unmanned platforms including software for acquisition, processing, and visualization;
- Remote Imaging – Video and still photography for a range of depths up to ultra-deepwater, including towed sleds, inspection class ROVs, and systems for work class ROV integration;
- Water Quality and Metocean – Acoustic Doppler Current Profilers (ADCPs), Conductivity-Temperature-Depth (CTD) instruments, and ancillary sensors for in situ measurements of physical and chemical water column characteristics, including fluorescence, dissolved oxygen, and turbidity;
- Physical Sampling – Water, sediment, and plankton sampling for a range of environments and depths;
- Deck and Support Equipment – Launch and recovery systems, winches, A-frames, cables, mobile containers, and sample storage units customized for offshore and deepwater work; and
- Vessels and Vehicles – Trailer able vessels for nearshore and offshore work, unmanned vehicles for surface, subsea, and aerial applications, and expertise mobilizing third-party vessels of opportunity.
CSA Ocean Sciences Inc. (CSA)
CSA Ocean Sciences Inc. specializes in consulting services for Federal, State, and private industry clients in multidisciplinary projects, integrating science and technology to evaluate environmental activities throughout the world. CSA offers a wide variety of services related to environmental management and community planning to support clients working in marine, estuarine, wetland, freshwater, and terrestrial habitats throughout the United States and overseas. For more information on CSA’s global environmental impact assessment projects and marine environmental consulting services, please visit www.csaocean.com.